There are pancakes and then there are sweet cream pancakes. I promise they are not the same at all! The first time I tried sweet cream pancakes was at a Black Bear in Washington. It wasn’t even my meal because I almost always order a Denver Omelet. Since the hubby was so sweet he shared a bit of his 3-stack pancake breakfast. I think I may have taken full advantage of his generosity since he doesn’t offer any until near the end of his meal. This experience changed the pancake games forever. Hey, I’ll take what I can get! The fluffy creamy goodness in this breakfast pancake recipe is to.die.for!
SWEEET CREAM PANCAKES
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbs vanilla
- butter to taste
- maple syrup or some other yummy syrup
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, milk, half and half and vanilla thoroughly
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until it just comes together
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet or a griddle over medium high heat
- Pour in a small amount of batter
- Adjust heat or butter depending on whether the pancakes stick or burn!
- Continue to make and eat pancakes until everyone is happy and content
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check some out here.