It doesn’t get any better than this copycat recipe of Shari’s signature hash browns stuffed with Tillamook cheddar, sour cream, bacon, all topped with scallions!
STUFFED HASH BROWNS
- 1 package 20 ounces refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbs olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with onions, salt and pepper.
- In a small cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup potato mixture, pressing down to flatten with spatula.
- Cook, without stirring, until bottom is golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; flip.
- Cook until bottom is golden brown, 4-5 minutes, sprinkling with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons bacon during the last minute of cooking.
- Fold hash browns in half; slide onto plate and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check some our here.