Whenever I go out to eat for breakfast this is almost exclusively what I order! No lie. I love love love me a Denver Omelet. I have had my fair share of not so good ones so I decided, why wait? I can make the recipe I love every day if I wanted. So here it is:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green and red bell peppers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Beat eggs until just combined; do not over-beat.
- Melt butter in a skillet over high heat.
- Add ham, onion, and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle in a nice pinch of salt and a touch of pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until onions start to soften and ham begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in the eggs.
- Mix briefly with a spatula while shaking the pan to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Quickly run the spatula along the edges of the omelet.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper (optional) over the omelet.
- Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the top is still wet but not runny, about 5 minutes.
- Fold omelet in half with your spatula and transfer to a plate.
There you have it! A simple, easy delicious Denver Omelet in the comfort of your home or RV! Never wait for your favorite restaurant to open just so you can snag an awesome egg breakfast. Do you make your Denver Omelet differently? Don’t be greedy, comment below and share your recipe so I can give it a try too!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check some our here.