- 1 ¼ cup cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 ¼ cup cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 ¼ cup cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 ¼ cup finely chopped vanilla wafer
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ lbs cream cheese
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- All above ingredients should be at room temperature before your begin.
- Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the sour cream last and beat well.
- Pour cream cheese into the spring pan.
- Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
- When time is up, turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
- After one hour, remove from oven.
- Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it as the flavor ripens and becomes enriched. Add some fresh or caramelized fruit for that little extraaaa.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check some our here.