This easy better than sex cake is one of my favorite desserts. We start with a simple chocolate cake and then use a wooden spoon to poke holes in it. Sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce are poured over the cake and then it’s topped with Cool Whip and crushed Heath bars before being served. It’s irresistible!
I’ve heard it called several things: Better Than Best Cake or Almost Better Than Sex Cake or Better Than Anything Cake or Better Than You Know What Cake. If you’ve heard of Sex in a Pan, this is it…or the Next Best Thing to Robert Redford dessert? Or perhaps you know it as Robert Redford Cake/Better Than Robert Redford Cake. First, think of Robert Redford. In fact, google photos of Robert Redford back in the day. There’s your answer.
The result is an irresistible, moist, homemade better than sex cake that everyone will love. This is no ordinary chocolate cake. The rich, buttery caramel sauce adds to the moist texture of this confection. Then there’s the topping with whipping cream, more coffee AND heath bar pieces. Heavenly.
Better Than Sex Cake
- 1 pkg Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake mix plus ingredients on the box
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz caramel sauce
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 4 Heath Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake.
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check some our here.