The grocery store trip. Asking when it will be made. Watching impatiently as it’s being prepared wondering how it could possible take so long. Smelling it cook and asking every two minutes “is it done yet?” only to have to wait 10, 20 or 30 more minute which you swear they said last time.
If that at all resonates with you then you have had a memorable meal made by gifted hands. Mine experience is with my mother’s Taco Meatloaf recipe. I will not eat anyone else’s meatloaf. Period. I crave this meal every so often and seems like my mom hears my thoughts because i’ll get a message within hours letting me know she will be making it. Mother’s are amazing like that right?
She started making regular meatloaf which by itself is absolutely divine. Then one day she added taco seasoning and by God the Heaven’s opened up and consumed me. I was sold. Pair this with some corn (whole or cream) and you got yourself a meal!
ATHENA’S TACO MEATLOAF
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pkt taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, and taco seasoning. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 55 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 8-10 minutes before serving
Do you life meatloaf or have a favorite meatloaf recipe? Leave a comment!